Salmon & Beet Salad
- Prep time:
- 35 min.
- Cook time:
- 10 min.
- Total time:
- 50 min.
- 4 Servings
- 1 (16 oz.) jar Whole Pickled Beets, undrained
- 1 lb. salmon fillet, skin on, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 1 (5.5 oz.) package mixed greens, preferably including spinach
- 0.5 lb. fresh green beans, trimmed, cooked crisp-tender
- 0.25 cup cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 tbsp. reserved liquid from whole pickled bee ts
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. unsweetened pomegranate juice
- 1 tbsp. shallot, finely chopped
- 1.5 tsp. fresh dill, chopped
- 0.5 tsp. salt
- 0.25 tsp. pepper
- 0.5 cup olive oil
To prepare dressing: Combine 2 tablespoons liquid from Whole Pickled Beets, balsamic vinegar, pomegranate juice, shallot, dill, salt and pepper in small bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil; set aside. Place salmon pieces in a shallow dish and drizzle with 1/4 cup of the dressing; turn to coat. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator 15 to 30 minutes. Reserve remaining dressing. Drain off and discard remaining liquid from beets; cut beets in half. Combine Whole Pickled Beets and 2 tablespoons reserved dressing in small bowl and toss to coat; set aside.
Preheat oven to 450oF. Place salmon, skin side down, on one half of a rimmed baking sheet (10-1/2 x 15-1/2 x 1-inch) that has been sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Drizzle salmon with any remaining marinade. Place beets on other half of baking sheet. Roast salmon and beets in oven 8 to 10 minutes, until salmon is cooked through (salmon should flake easily when tested with a fork). Remove and discard skin from salmon; set salmon and beets aside for 5 minutes.
Divide greens among 4 individual plates. Top with equal amounts of green beans and roasted beets. Place one portion salmon on each salad. Sprinkle with bacon and additional dill, if desired, and drizzle each serving with 2 tablespoons reserved dressing.